Welcome to Care Partners & Getting The Most Out Of Life
Care Partners Program and Getting Most Out of Life (GMOL) Program are both culturally competent community-based palliative programs that provide engagement, information, education, resources and advocacy to older adults and people with disability in Alameda County so that they can stay safely at home with an improved quality of life.
The Programs promote the awareness of Advance Care Planning and support clients in understanding and documenting their personal values and preferences regarding future medical care. The Programs consist of an interdisciplinary team, and are non-medical and light-touch, operating like a hub to the needed resources in the community and providing the following services:
1. Provide FREE compassionate care, deep listening, and emotional support to IHSS Care Providers & Recipients
2. Refer to local resources for clients’ unmet social needs
3. Assist in obtaining durable medical equipment and safety equipment such as a walker and grab bars
4. Educate and empower clients to explore the kind of care they want by providing support and advocacy through navigating the complex healthcare system and transition of care
5. Assist in completing Advance Health Care Directives
6. Help to remain safe and comfortable at home with improved quality of life
The Programs also reach out to the following populations and form collaborative partnerships (co-training, education, resource sharing, etc.):
1. Alameda County Social Services Agency IHSS Care Providers, Recipients, Social Worker, Public Health Nurse and others in the circle of care
2. Culture-specific, multi-lingual community members and champions, including Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly and Senior Centers
3. Community Based Organizations and Faith Based Organization including Palliative Care, Home Health and Hospice Provider Coalition members and End-of Life Doulas
4. Healthcare and Alternative Medicine Professionals, Universities, Students and Volunteers
Get Our Flyer – Simply click on image to download or share
Target Audience & Program Goals
We serve two distinct groups in Alameda County:
1. Care Partners Program: Alameda County IHSS Recipients and Care Providers
2. Getting The Most Out Of Life Program: Non-IHSS, Low-income Seniors and/or disabled and individuals in their circle of care
Our Program Goals are to:
1. Increase awareness and advocacy of life care planning activities and Advance Directive form completion.
2. Expand culturally relevant and accessible services to older adults, people with disabilities, caregivers, and families.
3. Introduce and connect older adults to local resources for their unmet social needs.
4. Advocate for client care coordination to help them stay safely at home with an improved quality of life.